Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Terrible Autosave Feature on Blogger

So I was going to write a wonderful article on the return to "8-bit" art and retro sounding music, but a simple accidental keystroke deleted all of it.

Now that wouldn't be a problem, except for one feature.

The autosave feature, which supposedly protects the user's documents in case the browser crashes, decided to kick in right at that moment.

So all of the work that I had done was overwritten as a blank document.  Seriously... What?
The autosave shouldn't be so "stupid" that it overwrites in that situation.
I would suggest there be a failsafe for that, and as far as I am aware, there isn't.

So, I guess this entry is a complaining rant.

1 comment:

  1. Been there done that. Except my posts are generally crap anyway.

    ReplyDelete