Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bakuman Update!

Thank you to everyone who regarded my health, I'm better now.
Let's get down to business (to defeat the Huns).

So I've gotten caught up with Bakuman.
Maybe it's because I still haven't lost that original excitement I had when I first discovered the series, but I realy really enjoy it so far.
The most recently translated chapter is part of an arc that reveals a true nemesis for Ashirogi Muto.
I hope that he remains a long-running nemesis, because I think that some great psych warfare could play through this match-up, some that could even rival the L and Kira match-up.
Besides, since the hero is the good guy this time around, I don't feel as bad cheering for him. I want these two to use some awesome tricks and reveals.  I think that kind of thing is what make Ohba and Obata truly great as mangaka, their ability to interweave a story.
Throw in a couple gambit moves and we'll have a truly successful showdown as a result.

Side note: Since gambits and psychologically strategic warfare are so popular in entertainment and literature, do you think something like that (if not EXACTLY like that) could be implemented well in a video game?
I think the challenge would be making it interesting yet simple.  Bakuman truly does help with brainstorming, I think.  It is characterized quite well in the series.

Until next time!

3 comments:

  1. I'm still not caught up, but I'm enjoying Bakuman so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might have to check it out, havent tried that one yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet blog! Folllowed and Supporting!

    http://ausbargain.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete